Sunday, September 11, 2011

Saved by the Dolphin

Not a lot to report this weekend. Only managed a couple of hours this Sunday afternoon and due to time restraints that was back at the park I have been over sooooo many times now. For some reason the curse of the clad was upon me as I kept getting  B#*%!<?  1 and 2 cent pieces, 20 in all plus 5 pennies and an Australian 1936 halfpenny. Still I have a nice new Red car, a little brass leg off something and half a Prefects badge. At least I think it is a cut off P on the badge as if it was an F on it then Frefects doesn't work somehow.

The $5 Goldies kept me sane between all the clad and the day was saved by the tiny silver Dolphins tail charm stamped .925.

Thanks for looking.
HH

5 comments:

Brett said...

If I could make one coin disappear from existence it would be the 2c.. I know there a 2c before I dig them but I still do just in case they are something else.. but they never are. 1c pinpont small so your not really missing anything by not digging them... but because I do dig everything hunts I still get plenty.

Grant Glazer said...

1 & 2c pieces are great! You only need to dig 300000000 of them, send them the Reserve Bank and retire on the proceeds! Well worth the kneeling down, 2 minutes of digging and 3 minutes chasing it in the dug out soil. :)

Lately I have been finding more old 5 & 10c pieces. Now those 10c ring up strongly and with my program on the V3i right in the gold slot. Mumble, mumble...

Nice tail charm!

kiwijim said...

I like that little dolphin charm makes it worth while.Might be up your way this weekend, if I see a red sports car driving around........

Ash_T said...

Nice finds :) Something silver or gold colored generally makes a hunt worthwhile i reckon ;)

Metal Kiwi said...

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Jim are you bringing your detector?